Arkadium's Fall Into Fun Sweepstakes
Free Board Games Online
Whether you are looking for board games for kids, or family board games, we have you covered! Our collection of the best board games offer the ability to select difficulty levels, so all ages can enjoy. These span the range of classic board games like Chess and Checkers to Backgammon and Bingo, and are sure to become your new favorites. No setup required when you play online - just sit back, relax, and enjoy some fun board games for free!
Board Games Fun Facts
- Senet is believed to be the oldest known board game, having been founded in Predynastic Dynastic burials of Egypt from 3500 BC.
- Germany has the highest number of board games sold per capita, with a value around 375 million euros, based on a 2013 estimate. Accordingly, it is considered one of the best board game markets.
- Classic Backgammon is one of the oldest board games that is still commonly played throughout the world.
- Interestingly enough, while the company is synonymous with board games, Milton Bradley himself only created one game in 1860 called “The Checkered Game of Life” (now simply called “The Game of Life”). Most of his attention was spent inventing other non-game related products including standardized crayon boxes and a guillotine-style paper cutter.
- Monopoly is one of the world’s most popular board games, so much so that 30 times more Monopoly money is printed each year than real US dollars.
- The board game market grew dramatically in the 1990s and has continued since — it is believed that the internet helped board game discovery and online play. In fact, the 2010s are commonly referred to as a new Golden Age of board games.
- Board games are more than just fun— they are good for you! Many studies have shown how some of the best board games for kids help strengthen cognitive thinking, fine motor skills, and strategy.