2048 is a cool math and puzzle game that was created in 2014 and quickly became popular around the globe. Inspired by 1024 and Threes!, our free 2048 game is an exciting combination of math and strategy. Can you get a 2048 high score? Play it today online for free! No downloads required!
To beat 2048, players must move numbered tiles and combine them to produce a tile with a value of 2048. More tiles are added to the board every turn and only identical numbers can be combined. Once the board is full and no more tiles can be combined, the game is over. However, skilled players that create a tile with a value of 2048 can continue playing with bigger numbers. Keep playing to develop your 2048 strategy; our version of this game is no 2048 cupcake!
- 2048 was created in only two days as a side project of developer Gabriele Cirulli
- After going viral, the game had over 4,000,000 players in less than one week!
- Deciding not to sell the game, Cirulli released 2048 as an open-source software, making it available to gamers and developers worldwide
- Because the game is open-source and widely recognized for its brilliant design, 2048 is often used to teach young programmers
- Recently, an artificial intelligence system was developed to play 2048. Can you beat its high score?
- 2048 has been ported to many platforms due to its open-source code
- The game 1024 is a clone of Threes! and Cirulli has said that 2048 is a clone of 1024; what a mathematical pedigree!
- New editions of the game, like this one, include leaderboards, which were unavailable in the original
- Many variations of 2048 exist, including 2048 cupcakes and other versions that contain elements of famous movies and television shows
We have tons of great card games.
We picked our most popular for you to play!
Drag this icon
to your desktop or bookmark bar
to enjoy this game anytime!