You've surely played this newspaper staple. Our free online sudoku puzzles follow in the same tradition, enabling you to play Sudoku 24/7! From easy to medium to hard puzzles, we have you covered with our comprehensive collection of best-in-class online sudoku puzzles. Best of all, our free sudoku puzzles are updated on a daily basis, so you can come back for a daily brain teasing challenge!
How to Play Sudoku
Sudoku is easy to learn, but difficult to master. Here are some tips and strategies to get any beginner started:
- Sudoku is usually played on a 9×9 grid. Each space needs to be filled with the numbers 1-9. The challenge lies in not repeating any numbers with the row, column or square.
- Easy sudoku puzzles have more numbers added to the grid, making it easier to solve the challenge.
- Numbers aside, Sudoku really isn't a math game. Rather, it’s based on logic, so guessing won't get you very far. In fact, each Sudoku puzzle has only a single solution.
- Patience is key to Sudoku! If you get stuck or need to take a break, our puzzles will automatically save so you can return right where you left off.
Interesting Sudoku Facts
- The name ‘Sudoku’ is not arbitrary. Rather, it’s routed in two Japanese words: “su” means “number,” while “doku” means “single.” Interestingly enough, the Japanese do not call the game “Sudoku.” Rather, they call it by the name the creator gave it: “Number Place.”
- There’s an annual World Sudoku Championship. The first one was held in 2006 in Italy, and it’s since been held in different locations.
- Studies have shown that Sudoku can have positive impact on one’s health, and can even help prevent or ease depression while sharpening focus.
- The year following Sudoku’s rapid growth in popularity saw a whopping 700 percent increase in pencil sales!
- Since 1980, Sudoku is the only game to become as popular as it is today.
- Sudoku is one of our most popular games with fans all over the world!