Choose your difficulty to start. On EASY, aces and kings can be played on top each other to loop through the deck in either direction. On HARD, the sequence is not looped: aces and kings cannot be played on top of each other. Read the "Help" section in the in-game menu for more information about the rules.
Golf Solitaire Tips
- Count your cards! This particularly holds true for Aces, 2s, Jacks, Queens and Kings.
- Like most solitaire games, in Golf Solitaire you are going to want to expose new cards throughout the course of the game.
- Empty piles have no use, so you're going to want to discard from longer piles first.
- It is a bit of a cheat tactic, but you can always use the undo button to try removing different cards to see which move would be the most beneficial to you.
About Golf Solitaire
Golf Solitaire is a quick and easy version of an old classic that relies more on skill than luck. The goal of Golf Solitaire is to remove each card, one by one, by picking one card above or below the card in stock. On easy mode, it’s almost always solvable, but hard mode is trickier. The fewer cards that remain, the higher your score. Good luck playing this free online version of the classic card game!
Golf Solitaire Fun Facts
- Wondering where the "golf" in Golf Solitaire comes from? The goal of the card game— as it is in golf — is to earn the lowest number of points over the course of nine deals, which are sometimes called "holes."
- Roughly 26 percent of Golf Solitaires are possible to win.
- If you love Golf Solitaire you'll love Tripeaks Solitaire, a similar card game where you remove cards from the layout.
Good luck, and we hope you enjoy playing this free online version of Golf Solitaire!