Do you consider yourself to be a puzzle master? Do you spend your Sundays (or even every day?) playing crossword puzzles in newspapers? Then you’re in the right place! Our Daily Crossword Puzzle is a classic crossword that delivers new puzzles and challenges everyday.
Start by choosing which date’s crossword you would like to play. The crosswords are archived, so you can play one from earlier in the week if you'd like. After you select a puzzle, start filling in the squares! Read the clues and make your best guesses. If you want, go to the menu in the upper right corner of the Crossword grid to customize your preferences. There, you can control the timer and check the solutions for certain letters, clues, or the whole crossword.
- The first crossword puzzle was created by Arthur Wynne and was published in The New York World in December of 1913.
-National Crossword Day is on Dec. 21, commemorating this very first crossword puzzle.
- The largest crossword ever created had 28,000 clues and 91,000 squares.
- Word puzzles have ancient roots – a square word puzzle was found in the ruins of Pompeii.
- Crossword aficionados are affectionately known as cruciverbalists.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the longest word ever used in a crossword crossword puzzle was. A whopping 58 letters long, this Welsh village was the answer to one of Roger Squire’s clues.